Enhancing the appearance of your teeth is no longer impossible nowadays with the help of cosmetic dental procedures. One of the most commonly used dental solution under cosmetic dentistry is veneers.
Veneers can enhance the appearance of your teeth by masking or covering the surfaces of your teeth with very thin tooth-colored material. Veneers are bonded to the surfaces of your teeth in order to improve and change their size, shape, color and length.
Dental veneers can either be made of porcelain or composite resin materials. Porcelain veneers are more resistant to stain compared to resin veneers, although resin veneers are much thinner and require the least portion of enamel to be removed for the placement on tooth surface.
Why do you need to consider veneers?
Veneers are an excellent alternative to crowns because they can address several imperfections of your teeth and can change and improve your teeth’s color, size and shape. They can address problems like stains and damages due to injuries or even other dental restorations like root canal treatment. If you have gaps or spaces between your teeth, you can also consider getting dental veneers. Veneers can last for many years especially when cared for care properly.
Preparing your teeth for the veneers requires the removal of a tiny portion of your tooth where a local anesthetic will be used. About half a millimeter of your tooth will be removed and the composite material will be bonded to the tooth.Composite resin veneers are usually completed in just one appointment but ceramic veneers take longer because they still have to be sent to a laboratory.
We offer the following types of veneers:
- Porcelain veneers. Porcelain veneers are very durable. They are made of very thin materials and are bonded to a tooth to make it stronger. They resist stains better. If you want to achieve a more natural look, porcelain veneers will be the best option for you.
- Lumineers: One of the techniques used here in Buchanan is Lumineers. Lumineers are ultra-thin veneers of porcelain material bonded to your teeth to deliver a natural looking smile.
- Composite veneers. Composite veneers can be applied in just one session but are known to last for just 4 to 8 years. This type is less durable compared to porcelain veneers.
What are the benefits of using veneers?
- Veneers can correct teeth imperfections while providing a natural teeth appearance
- There is no risk for gum irritation because gum tissues can tolerate porcelain material well.
- You will not have to worry about teeth discoloration because porcelain veneers are stain resistant.
- The color of the porcelain veneers can be adjusted to improve or whiten the shade of a dark tooth
- Veneers do not require extensive shaping compared to dental crowns but work just as effective. And just like crowns, veneers are also a strong and useful alternative.
For more information on dental veneers, you can call Buchanan Dental Arts at (914) 737-6300 .