At Buchanan Dental Arts, we value the proper oral health care that children should be getting from infancy through adolescence. Children deserve to be given proper oral health care even before they get their first milk tooth or as soon as they turn one. This is also the best time when most dental experts encourage your children to get their first dental visits.
A pediatric dentist is the best person you can reach out to when it comes to your child’s oral health needs. He is the one who has the experience, skills and training required to deliver professional dental care to your children. The services that a pediatric dentist can provide involve the care for a child’s teeth, gums and other supporting structures and tissues in the mouth. A pediatric dentist can help your child get the protection they need for their teeth and mouth against unwanted oral health conditions like tooth decay, cavities and gum problems.
Our Pediatric dental services:
- Your child’s first visit. During your child’s first visit to the pediatric dentist, the dentist will be conducting a discussion with the parents regarding proper care for the child’s teeth and mouth. The teething and progress of development of their teeth will also be discussed as well as the importance of proper diet and nutrition to a child’s oral health.
- Complete checkup. This is when the dentist conducts a comprehensive dental exam and assessment to determine if the child is at risk of decay and cavities.
- Preventive care. Preventive care is crucial when it comes to the overall oral health of your child. This includes instructions on proper brushing and proper oral home care, and good oral hygiene techniques.
- Dental Sealants. Sealants application is performed to increase the protection of your child’s teeth against decay and cavities.
- Fluoride application. If your child is not receiving enough amount of fluoride, the pediatric dentist can perform fluoride treatment in order to increase their teeth’s resistance against cavity causing bacteria.
Many a times, children fear going to the dentist because of their anxiety and fears of the dental procedures and treatments. They also do not feel comfortable about the equipment and tools being used which explains why it is a bit difficult to make them cooperate during dental visits. Pediatric dentists handle these situations best. They know the techniques to use to make children comfortable and calm during their treatments. They use the equipment designed for children so that they can effectively provide quality and excellent dental care for your child.
As soon as your child gets their first milk tooth or after your child’s first birthday, you can already bring them to a pediatric dentist. This way, you can help your child get the protection they need for their teeth and mouth against unwanted oral health diseases. This will also help your child get an early treatment if there is any condition or problem detected.