Crooked, misaligned or overcrowded teeth are just some of the most common problems faced by many patients but there is now a new and effective alternative that will help you address these oral health problems – Invisalign.
With Invisalign, you will no longer have to deal with misaligned teeth. Invisalign is a set of clear plastic aligners that you wear over your teeth so that your teeth’s position can be corrected and aligned. With Invisalign, there are no metal brackets or wires involved. These clear aligners will just gradually move your teeth to their proper position using gentle pressure. And then, you will have to get a new set of aligners every two weeks until the treatment period is completed.
If you decide to use Invisalign for your orthodontic treatment, we will first evaluate your suitability for the treatment procedure i.e whether your teeth can be straightened effectively using Invisalign aligners. This will be followed by the creation of a custom treatment plan for you. We will educate you about the whole treatment process, the length of time that it will take for the treatment to be completed and the results that you should be expecting. The aligners will be customized based on the impression of your teeth and you will have to replace it every two weeks.
By using Invisalign, you can achieve your goals for your smile. It is important to correct the alignment of your teeth not only because it will help improve your appearance but also because you will be able to better protect your oral health. Crooked teeth can make you at risk of cavities and decay because brushing and flossing will be a lot more difficult. Addressing your orthodontic conditions can help prevent many oral health conditions and diseases.
What are the advantages of using Invisalign over braces?
- Invisalign aligners are barely visible because they are made of thermoplastic materials. Because of this, they will not have any effect on your appearance. You will not have to deal with unsightly metal brackets and wires on your teeth which can only make you look less attractive.
- These aligners are comfortable to use because there are no sharp and protruding edges that can damage the inside cheeks in your mouth.
- Using Invisalign can make cleaning a lot easier because you can just have them removed, but when you use braces, brushing could really become a tedious job plus the fact that braces can easily trap food particles.
- With Invisalign, you won’t have to choose the types of food to eat and there will be no restrictions because there will be no arch wires that are going to be broken when chewing.
- The treatment period with Invisalign is a lot shorter compared to when you have braces. You can get your desired result with Invisalign in just a matter of one year or so, while with braces, you will have to undergo the treatment from several months to a few years.
For more information on Invisalign, you can call Buchanan Dental Arts at (914) 737-6300 .