CROWNS AND BRIDGES
At Buchanan Dental Arts, we aim to provide you exceptional dental care. It is our goal to help our patients achieve a perfect and healthy smile they can be proud of, which explains why we strive to provide you all services that will suit your unique and specific needs.
If a damaged or missing tooth bothers you, you can turn to our dental office for help. One of the best recommended dental solution we can provide you with when it comes to this problem are crowns and bridges. Crowns and bridges are immovable prosthetic devices that can be cemented onto the teeth that need to be fixed or implants.
What is a crown?
A crown is a tooth shaped cap that is used to cover a damaged or decayed tooth. If you have a weak tooth, a dental crown can hold it together or it can strengthen it by protecting its structure. Apart from increasing the protection and strength of a damaged or decayed tooth, a crown can be very useful when it comes to enhancing its appearance, size, shape and even alignment.
- A crown can be very useful when it comes to protecting a weak tooth from further damage or from breaking apart. It can also hold together the broken pieces of a cracked tooth.
- It can be used to rehabilitate a broken tooth or a tooth that has been extremely worn down.
- It can be used to support or cover a tooth which had a large filling especially when your tooth does not have enough structure left
- To cover a severely discolored tooth
- To serve as a cover or artificial tooth for a dental implant
- To make cosmetic enhancements
- To cover a tooth thatwas treated with root canal therapy
A dental bridge is used to close the gap left by missing teeth. For example, if you get someteeth removed, we may suggest a dental bridge in order to keep your other permanent teeth from shifting out of place. They look and work just like your natural teeth.
Bridges are an effective option when it comes to filling the space where there are teeth missing. They are a great alternative for replacing missing teeth.
We offer porcelain crowns and bridges at our practice. These are more resistant to stains and reflect the glossy look of your natural teeth.
For more information on dental bridges and crowns, call Buchanan Dental Arts at (914) 737-6300 .