The branch of cosmetic dentistry deals with the enhancement of a person’s smile as well as the restoration of the health and functions of their teeth. It has gained a lot of popularity nowadays, mainly because of how it is very useful and beneficial to hundreds of patients wish to have a celebrity-like smile.
The most common cosmetic dentistry procedures include:
- Teeth whitening. Teeth whitening is one of the most commonly used procedure in cosmetic dentistry because it is relatively simple yet effective. When you get professional teeth whitening, you can whiter teeth in just a single visit.
- Bonding. Tooth bonding is usually performed to address gaps and spaces between teeth. This is also used to address discolored or stained teeth. In this procedure, tooth colored materials are used so that they can blend in with the color of one’s natural teeth.
- Veneers. Veneers are made of very thin plastic materials and are used to fix chipped, stained and crooked teeth.
- Fillings. Fillings are usually administered to save a slightly decayed or damaged tooth. They are useful to protect the teeth from further decay.
- Dental implants. Implants are an ideal and effective way ofreplacing missing teeth. They basically are metal posts made of titanium, which are made to fuse with the jawbone. Implants are more convenient compared to dentures because they are fixed in your mouth so you do not have to worry about it slipping out and you will also not have to remove it when you’re brushing your teeth or when you are going to bed.
- Bridges. Bridges are used to “bridge” or close the gaps between your remaining permanent teeth when a few teeth in between are lost or damaged.
Benefits of cosmetic dentistry
- Cosmetic dentistry can address several flaws affecting the appearance of your teeth.
- Getting cosmetic dentistry procedures can restore your youthful look.
- Cosmetic dentistry can help save your teeth from further damage because it not only addresses the flaws in your teeth’s appearance, but also focuses upon restoring problems with the function and health of your teeth.
- Cosmetic dentistry treatments can have long lasting effects especially when the teeth are properly cared for post-treatment.
For more information on cosmetic dentistry, you can call Buchanan Dental Arts at (914) 737-6300 .